My Flashcard Library
· Each cardset title is displayed with a brief text description (if provided by the author)
· Tap on the "i" icon (upper right) to access web based help information
· Tap on a cardset title to start your review
· Delete: swipe finger across a cardset title to reveal red Delete button. Also under available under Menu.
· The default is "Study Mode", tap on the answer card to reveal the answer
· Tap the green check mark or red X to indicate whether you did or did not know the correct answer and proceed to the next card
· If you accidentally tapped the wrong answer on the previous card, swipe your finger across the screen to "Take Back Score"
· Your score will be tracked with green and red boxes on the scorecard
· Cardset authors control availability of these settings on the -info sheet. See the Creating Your Own Flashcards page for details.
Show Multiple Choice
· For two column spreadsheets, three alternative answers are displayed with the correct answer from Column B
· Scroll through multiple choice alternatives by swiping up/down on the right side of the screen
· Tap on the correct answer on the left side of the screen to indicate your choice
· The correct answer will be briefly highlighted with green text before flipping to the next card
· Note: to minimize selection errors, consider changing the tap count to double or triple under device Settings.
· In addition to random choices, you can assign several unique answers to each question. See the Creating Your Own Flashcards page for details.
· Reverse Q&A: reverse the question and answer on the front and back of the flashcard
· Take the Quiz: computes your score, Return to Study Mode if you do not want a quiz result scored
· Scores will be tracked in future versions
· Select One Card or Two Card mode to view one side of a flashcard or both sides simultaneously
Tap Menu and select one of the following options:
Get My Google Data...
· Enter your Google Documents login and password. Note, if your login is a "@gmail.com" login, you can leave off the "@gmail.com"
· This will access your Google Documents account and display all spreadsheets including content you have created and that shared by friends
· Scroll through the list and tap the title to download
· After downloading, the new content will be included in the list on the mainscreen
· If you experience a "Connection Failure" message; confirm your device has an active wireless connection
Search gWhiz Catalog...
· In the search window, enter a search term (e.g., movie) to see a list. Use a * for partial word searches or to browse a list of available content
· Scroll through the list and select content to download over-the-air.
· After downloading, the new content will be included in the list on the mainscreen.
Delete from Library
· Tap on the red circle next to the title you would like to delete. Confirm with the red Delete button.
Clear My Google Login
· Clears your Google Login from your device. Re-enter your login to access account in the future.
Select Settings from the device's main menu and scroll to gFlash+ to establish defaults for:
Show Score Panel: ON displays score panel, OFF hides score panel
One Page Mode: ON displays one side of a flashcard at a time, OFF displays both sides simultaneously
Multiple Choice Tap Count: select Double or Triple Tap activation to prevent selecting the wrong answer in multiple choice mode
Background: Select Black or Gray
Note you can add cardsets to your Google Documents account from our content partners the StudyStack and FlashcardExchange.
To add Content from the Study Stack
· Find data to study or add your own data.
· After selecting a data set, select "Export" at the bottom of the page.
· Scroll to the gFlash+ section for your mobile device (Apple), enter your email address.
· When you receive the Study Stack email, import the attachment into Google Documents as a spreadsheet.
· Follow the instructions for adding content from your Google Account above.
To add Content from the FlashcardExchange
· Establish a FlashcardExchange account. Full Membership is required.
· Search for a flashcard set in the Directory or make your own unique set.
· Select the "Export" menu button.
· Select the "Export to BlackBerry" button (this approach will work for the iPhone as well).
· An email will be sent to your FlashcardExchange email address including a .gts file.
· Save the .gts attachment to your desktop.
· Upload the .gts file to your Google Documents account by selecting here and then follow the "Get My Google Data..." instructions above.
Copyright © 2008, gWhiz, LLC. All rights reserved.